VPN Configuration on Vigor 2925
1. Create a Remote Dial-In User profile in VPN and Remote Access >> Remote Dial-In User.
a. Enable this account.
b. Type the Username and Password.
c. Select L2TP with IPsec Policy as Must.
2. Type the Pre-Shared Key inVPN and Remote Access >> IPsec General Setup.
VPN Configuration on PC (Windows 7 built-in VPN client
1. Set a new connection or network inControl Panel >> Network and Sharing Center.
2. Select Connect to a workplace,and click Next.
3. Select create a new connection, and click Next.
4. Select Use my Internet Connection.
5. Type the WAN IP address of the VPN server, which is Vigor2920, and tick the Don't connect now option, and click Next.
6. Type the Username and Password for L2TP VPN connection, and click Create.
7. Please don't click Connect Now, and click Close instead.
8. Click Change adapter settings in Control Panel >> Network Sharing Center.
9. Right click L2TP over IPSec Connection we created, and then select Properties.
10. Select VPN Type as L2TP / IPSec in the Security Tab, and then click Advanced Settings.
11. Select Use pre-shared key for authentication, type the Key, and then click OK. The Key should be the same as the Pre-Shared Key setting on Vigor2925.
12. Right click L2TP over IPSec Connection, and select Connect.
13. Type the Username and Password, and click Connect. The Username and Password should be the same as the ones on Vigor2925 VPN Remote Dial-In User Profile.
14. L2TP over IPSec connection is now established.
If the L2TP over IPSec tunnel from Windows 7 to Vigor router could not be established successfully, please check the settings below :
1. In Control Panel >> Administartive Tools >> Services, please make sure the IPSec Policy Agent service is started.
2. In Control Panel>> Administrative Tools >> Services, please make sure IKE and AuthIP IPSec Keying Modules are started.
3. Please check if the ProhibitIpSec value is 0 on Windows registry >> HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> services >> RasMan >> Parameters >> ProhibitIpSec. If it is not, please change the value to 0, and restart Windows 7 to try again. The steps are :
a. a. Open regedit.
b. b. Go to HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> services >> RasMan >> Parameters >> ProhibitIpSec.
c. c. If the ProhibitIpSec value is not 0, right click ProhibitSec, and select Modify.
d. d. Type Value as 0, and click OK.
e. e. Reboot the system.